Wireless Printer Connection

Legslip 22:12 24 Apr 2009

My friend has a desktop wired directly into a BT Voyager modem. They want to get a wireless laptop and I have got them a BT Home Hub 2 which is Wireless N and have recommended a laptop with Wireless N conectivity. They also want a wireless multifunction printer/scanner/copier but are the current range compatible with 'N'. If so, can anyone recomend a cost effective, for domestic use, good one?

Legslip 01:20 26 Apr 2009

Is there anybody out there?

AlanHo 06:25 26 Apr 2009

Why not get a standard multifunction printer wired into the desktop and set it as a shared printer so the laptop can also use it over the wireless network.

The only snag - if it really is one - is that the desktop has to be on for the printer to be used by the laptop.

Legslip 22:33 26 Apr 2009

Thanks AlanHO, They don't wish to keep the desktop. I was considering the Epson SX600FW but it is wireless g. Will it work with Home Hub 2 Wireless N?

iarno 16:42 27 Apr 2009

Have a look at this. click here

bt hub2 suports wifi b, g, and n

Dont know what you want to spend. I have the Brother DCP-585CW and can recomend it, fully wirelesss. Shop around you can get one for under £100 and inks are cheap and are also individual colours.

I

Legslip 16:47 27 Apr 2009

Gr8 info Tarno and many thanks. Will consider the Brother.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?