Wireless printer

okcoky 15:48 06 Feb 2008

I have just recieved a lexmark z1420 wireless printer.This was free with bt broadband.Now i have my phone connected wirelessly,my itouch,my sons xbox and my wifes phone but i cannot get this to connect.I have 2 of these now as bt sent me another one as i thought this is faulty but the same problem happens again.I have bt home hub and everything else connects easily.The software trys to connect to find a wireless network on the pc and transfer the settings to the printer by usb cable but it cannot find a wireless network.I have tied this on my dell xps desktop and my acer laptop but with no joy even with firewall and /or security settings turned off etc.Any one any ideas?Thanks in advance for any help.

audeal 19:16 06 Feb 2008

I don't know anything about wireless setups but a thought crossed my mind that perhaps your system is subject to a limit of items it can handle and you have reached it's limits.

Maybe someone else knows better than I do.

Woolwell 19:25 06 Feb 2008

Could be an IP address issue but this may help
click here

okcoky 23:19 06 Feb 2008

no luck yet but thanks for the ideas guys.

snakemoore 12:49 21 Feb 2008

Okcoky, we had this offer come through the post, filled it in and nothing came of it, BT now refuse to give us the free printer because they dont recognise the offer! Do you have, by chance, an offer code or a copy of the offer sheet so i could have a look as i stupidly didnt copy the sheet before i sent it off... Thanks so much in advance.

okcoky 18:50 21 Feb 2008

sorry cannot help you as i have no paper work now,also i work fpr asda and it was part of a deal through them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone