Wireless Print server - More help needed

Michael3130 16:38 04 Oct 2007

Hi,

I posted a link previously about a d-link print server. I have since brought it back to the shop and got a refund as it worked briefly then refused to work again.

I have now purchased a Netgear WGPS606 wireless print server. The problem is when it comes to setting up the WEP key. My WEP key on my router is 5863s59sg7c68, when I am asked to type this in, the numbers appear but only the 'c' appears, not the 's's or the 'g'. It then tries to find the wireless network but I assume it can't because it doesn't have the proper WEP key which I am not able to enter.

Anyone any ideas on how to sort this out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael

mac_damage 17:16 04 Oct 2007

don't know if this will help but you could try changing your WEP to 64 bit instead of the 128 bit that the routers set at. if i knew your router i could tell you how to set it!!!?

Michael3130 18:06 04 Oct 2007

mac-damage,

I'd really appreciate the help if you can.

It's a BT Voyager 2091 Wireless ADSL router.

Thanks

Michael

Michael3130 19:21 04 Oct 2007

mac-damage,

I had to ring BT to get username and password for the settings and they kindly talked me through how to change the WEP key which was set to 128 bit ASCII which was the problem as the print server needed it in hexidecimal.

SO I managed to get it sorted and can now print wirelessly.

Thanks a lot for your help though.

Michael

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?