wireless on or off

cooki8c 19:38 04 Dec 2008

Is there anyway I can tell if I am on WIor am I still on broead band ???? cookie

The Kestrel 19:48 04 Dec 2008

Are you talking about internet access on a PC? If so, you are always using broadband when you connect to the internet. Wireless is a way of connecting your PC to the router without the need for wires between the PC and router.

cooki8c 19:55 04 Dec 2008

so in otherwords when you have 2 or more machines connected to the wireless there will always be one showing its broeadband connected

cooki8c 19:56 04 Dec 2008

so in otherwords when you have 2 or more machines connected to the wireless there will always be one showing its broadband connected

The Kestrel 20:04 04 Dec 2008

Broadband is simply a system that allows you high speed access, compared to dial-up, to the internet. Your broadband connection goes via your telephone line to the router. You are using the wireless system of the router to transfer the internet connection to the individual PCs. When any PC in your network is connected to the internet, it is using the broadband connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?