Wireless oddity

Charla 11:23 16 Jun 2007

I have a Toshiba Equium laptop. With inbuilt wireless adapter. Using a D-Link DSL-924 Modem. I have an oddity which is that all can be working well via the modem then for no reason I loose connectivity with the internet. Clicking on the wireless icon tells me that it's 54.0 Mbps strength excellent.It's not the modem beacuse I recently changed it as it was only two months old Supplier exchanged to make sure all was ok with it. Even if I check with the Ethernet cable connected to it all icons activate but no connection. Sometimes if I click on repair it will work, others not.
Hope that makes sense to someone. As you can see it's ok at the moment!
Thanks

howard64 11:52 16 Jun 2007

try looking in the modem set up and see if you have a time to disconnect set up. Mine has a setting and drops connection after this time.

Charla 12:47 16 Jun 2007

Thaks. Checked and "all ways on" seems to be selected!

howard64 16:43 16 Jun 2007

I vaguely remember a setting time to disconnect when idle?

Charla 16:55 16 Jun 2007

This is all that is displayed.

Connection Setting
Always ON Recommended
Connection On Demand Connection will close if idle for minutes
Manual Use Connect/Disconnect button in Status/Device Info page only

Charla 14:53 17 Jun 2007

I have tested the unit the mesage I get is as follows if that helps solve this riddle..TESTING ATM OAM SEGMENT PING (FAIL)

ambra4 06:22 23 Jun 2007

Are you using the DSL-924-starter kit that comes with a wireless adapter as cannot find a DSL-924 router on D-link site.

If using the kit the router is DSL-G624T and the adapter is DWL-G122, understand you are not using the adapter but the building wireless card

Access the router via an Ethernet cable on port 1 (Do not use wireless system to access router)

User Name ADMIN

Password ADMIN

Go WAN setting- Connection Setting

Change (Always On) to (Connection on demand) & enter 300 in box

Apply setting & restart router

You can always go back to (always on) if this does not solve your problem

Installed the same router for a company 2 years ago and had the same problem with 20 uses

Let us know if this work

Charla 08:27 23 Jun 2007

Thanks. I have made the ajustments so we shall see.

Dare I say it "I have another strange one" not sure if this the correct forum but here goes.

Like many others I signed up to one of the credit check online agencies. I seem to be able to log on but not access the requested details. Yet I can on another pc. I have spoken to them an they state something wth my laptop. Is there anything I can check.
Thanks for all the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?