wireless now OK but cannot upload or send e-mail ?

Bad Beagle 12:17 15 Jan 2007

Finally got my talktalk broadband working, then eventually went wireless, but since getting the wifi working I can not send e-mails from outlook unless they are a one liner, nor can I send attachments with my internet e-mail - they just won't upload !
2 steps forward, 1 step back again !
Any help appreciated as usual.
Steve

Stuartli 12:34 15 Jan 2007

Check in your e-mail account(s), presuming you run Outlook Express, from Tools>Accounts>Connection tab that your wireless network is the Default connection source to send and receive mail.

Stuartli 12:34 15 Jan 2007

Should read:

Check in your e-mail account(s), presuming you run Outlook Express, from Tools>Accounts>Properties>Connection tab that your wireless network is the Default connection source to send and receive mail.

Bad Beagle 13:45 15 Jan 2007

Stuarti - it reads Local area network (I think) but I'm at work now and cannot be sure. However it has successfully sent a couple of 1 line test e-mails and it is receiving just fine.

The message that I get when I try to send is either:
"server unexpectedly terminated connection"
OR
"unknown error - server response too many connections from your host"

Does this help clarify the problem - frankly I'm lost !

^wave^ 16:51 15 Jan 2007

maybe a silly question but are you connected with both ethernet and wireless to your router

Bad Beagle 21:24 15 Jan 2007

^wave^ - no only through the wireless. Somebody at work has suggested that it may be the firewall and security built into the router which is an old BT Intelligent Gateway 1800 (2wire)

^wave^ 08:16 16 Jan 2007

have you tried going back to a wired connection to see if that works still. if that works then itgs the wireless sided that the problem

Bad Beagle 11:05 16 Jan 2007

Thanks all - have tried and installed new wifi modem from TalkTalk and now all good !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?