Wireless Newtowork help

Louangel 15:07 05 Aug 2006

Bit of a novice but I will try to explain
My kids pc says it is connected to my wireless network but when I try to open internet explorer it says it is offline and you cannot access any web pages
I have a BT voyager router, there is already one pc connected wirelessly with a Cable and Network adaptor which is working without any problems at all, the second one is also connected with a Cable and Wireless adaptor
Any help would be appreciated or if you need more info I will try explain
Thank you

dms05 15:36 05 Aug 2006

Major difference between been connected to your Network and been connected to the Internet!

First thing to check is your TCP/IP settings which should be set to automatically get DHCP. You will find these settings in your Network adaptors Properties (right click on your adaptor in Connection - Show all Connections).

If that doesn't work post again and we can try other things.

Forum Editor 15:36 05 Aug 2006

That can't be right - either it's connected wirelessly, or with a cable, but not both.

Then you say that "the second one is also connected with a Cable and Wireless adaptor"

You don't need both. If both machines have a wireless adapter then use them - don't connect the computers to the router via a cable as well.

Louangel 15:47 05 Aug 2006

Forum Editor I know I can be dumb but Cable and Wireless is the brand!!!! They are wireless adaptors

dms05 thank you although I'm not sure what you mean, I have also noted that it seems to have set up as a network bridge, I think I may just have to start all over again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?