Wireless Networking

Rob Gibson 19:17 30 Jun 2007

Hi All,

I have an IMP internet radio which works quite happily with my BT Home Hub wireless router to stream internet radio.

Now I want to connect the IMP to my PC (PC has ethernet connection to Hub)to play files from the PC. The IMP can see the Hub (comes up as a Thompson something or other), but can't see the PC.

I've set the PC up for file sharing, but I'm obviously missing something.

I'm very new to this sort of thing, and any help would be much appreciated.

TIA.

Rob.

click here

tobyb121 00:07 01 Jul 2007

how have you shared your music on the pc, the website suggested that you share your itunes music library, and the radio detects this, I don't think it can find media in a shared music folder. Also if you are using vista, you could enable media sharing in the network and sharing center, as I believe this works in a simelar way to itunes sharing.

superfluke 23:21 23 Sep 2007

I've just aquired a new laptop, bought a 4-port hub but not sure what cables I need to connect it all up to my pc tower along with its broadband modem. Will bog standard A to B cables do the job hub to laptop? I can't seem to find anyone manufacturing male A to male A cables to link taptop to hub.
Advice for an absolute novice please.

woodchip 23:27 23 Sep 2007

I think he want's to copy the tunes on the PC

tullie 23:40 23 Sep 2007

Superfluke,dont hijack someone elses thread please.

Rob Gibson 12:31 08 Feb 2008

Never did get this working. Have given up. Close thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?