Wireless network won't start up

Pineman100 19:18 17 Jan 2006

I have just installed a Belkin wireless router on my phone line (with a microfilter) and a matching Belkin usb wireless adapter in my computer (Win XP SP2). There are no other computers on the network.
The original installation was a pig - I was on the phone to Belkin's technical support (in India of course) for literally two hours. Eventually, after going all round the houses several times, they got it working for me by the following method:
Click Start> right-click My Computer>Manage>Services & Applications>Services>Wireless Zero Configuration. Click Start on the Service status. Thus successfuly starts up the wireless network.
After the tech support bod had finally found this method of starting the network, I assumed it would then work automatically whenever I fire up the computer, so I rang off. However, I now find that I have to run through the above procedure every time I want the network to start up.
Is there any way I can get the wireless network to start up automatically whenever I switch on the computer?
Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

mgmcc 20:41 17 Jan 2006

Try this:

Enable "Wireless Zero Configuration" as per the previous instructions you got. Then, in the same "Services" window, scroll up to the entry for "Belkin 54g Wireless USB Network Adapter", double click it and, in the box that opens, set its Startup Type to "Disabled".

Windows' Wireless Zero Configuration should then start automatically when you boot the PC.

Pineman100 14:34 18 Jan 2006

It worked! Why couldn't Belkin have told me that?

I very grateful mgmcc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires