Wireless Network Query

jambolino 18:26 31 Oct 2004

I am going to built a wireless network,using Linksys 802.11G wireless Router, PCI card and USB wireless print server which all work on the 2.4GHz band.

I want to put a wireless camera outside, I would love a network (I.P) camera, this is something I know would work in my proposed system without problems but the price is simply to expensive.

I have found another system (Trust)that uses a wireless camera and a matching receiver that plugs into an interface card to capture images to store on the PC, however this operates on the 2.4GHz band as well. According to information I have read on the Trust website the receiver has 'channel switching'.

Does anyone know if a system such as the Trust camera would cause conflict problems with my proposed Linksys network or will the two systems work alongside each other without any problems?

Thanks

ste_bla 18:35 31 Oct 2004

wont have a problem what so ever as long as you make sure the devices are on different channels and as both networks/connection can both change channel it b fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?