Wireless network for a PSP

cjbj 10:24 17 Aug 2007

I have a usb adapter wireless 11g, I plug in the usb, it finds the psp, as the psp number shows on screen

click here

But i cant get a connection, for the psp to work online

It shows up with a mac ad, but keeps timing out on the psp, on the pc it says no signal status, no connectivty

Using xp

silverous 13:49 17 Aug 2007

Can the PSP see the PC wirelessly at all?
How have you configured the USB adapter - as per their screenshots?

cjbj 14:34 17 Aug 2007

As screen shots yes, i dont get the bridge, but did the same, the pc sees the mac ad.

I dont know anything about wireless things

cjbj 21:01 17 Aug 2007

May be going wrong somewere, seems easy enough, but what to get it working i dont know

Tim1964 00:53 18 Aug 2007

Isn't the PSP wireless already?

My son's one is. It doesn't need a dongle it just needs the wireless access turned on by the switch on the left hand side.

cjbj 08:02 18 Aug 2007

You need to connect to a accesss point to get the internet, the switch at the side is for wireless gaming with others i think

Tim1964 23:26 18 Aug 2007

You need to set a new connection on the network setup screen. It will ask for the SSID an WEP key. Once these are entered by the on-screen alphanumeric keyboard (a bit fiddly but gets there in the end) the details are stored and so the PSP can cennct to your home network.

We used my son's PSP to access the wireless network in the room of a Holiday Inn we stayed at last year. i wouldn't want to surf all night with it but it was fine for a quick look at what was on at the local multiplex.

Tim1964 23:31 18 Aug 2007

Just checked,

It's on page 100 of the manual if you have it (in fact it's on page 100 if you don't) which is available from the support section of the Sony UK site under 'Downloads'

silverous 09:25 20 Aug 2007

When you say you don't get the bridge, there is nothing in the drop down list? I get the impression that this USB Device emulates a wireless access point (as if it was a router) then passes the connection via your normal network card (that's what the bridge bit is for I think).

It says it comes with a manual on CD - is it a PDF file? Perhaps you could send it to me, I'd be happy to take a look.

I will contact you via the envelope thing here (it will send you an email), let me know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?