wireless network problem

aboutit 19:50 08 Oct 2009

I have always used a pc with wired ethernet and the other pc with a belkin adapater and i have had no problems connecting or using shared files.
Now I have changed my wired pc to another belkin adapter to work wirelessly. On this pc the boxes at the bottom of my task bar says 1. 1394 connection speed 400 mbps status connected. the other icon says wireless connection 3(BT Home Hub 7353 speed 54 mbps signal strength excellent status connected. The pc in the other room is another belkin wireles adapter and the task bar icons say 1. SSID BT Home hub 7353 Signal very good. status unknown address 192/168.1.76. The next icon says Wireless connection not connected. no connection.The 3rd icon says BT Home Hub 7353 speed 54 mpbs signal strength very good status connected.
My question is should i hjave all the icons on the task bars and also i cannot now share files as it says mshome is inadmissable

aboutit 16:20 09 Oct 2009

Anyone??

Jollyjohn 16:44 09 Oct 2009

You only need one wireless connection.

Your firewall may be blocking the file sharing.

aboutit 10:23 10 Oct 2009

I`m unsure what you mean by one wireless connection

ambra4 05:28 11 Oct 2009

“My question is should I have all the icons on the task bars”

NO

“1394 connection speed 400 mbps status connected”

Disable this connection as not required for wireless

“The other icon says wireless connection 3 (BT Home Hub 7353 speed 54 mbps signal strength excellent status connected”

Which is the correct Wireless Signal between the BT Hub and the wireless adapter

Do the following: - Start – Setting – Double click on “Network Connection”

In the Display page there should be only 2 network connection

“Local Area Connection” which is the hardwire connection “Lan Card”

“Wireless Area Connection” which is the wireless connection “Wireless Card / Adapter”

Any other connections you have to disable by right click and click “Disable”

aboutit 17:05 11 Oct 2009

I have disabled 1394 connection. The only things showing on task bar now are the icon for BT Home hub wireless connection 3 ,the Belkin adapter connect and local area connection which shows a red cross and states unplugged. If I disable the Belkin adapter then it won`t connect so I presume I allow that to load and stay on task bar but do I need to keep the drivers for it or can this be uninstalled? also should the local area connection be unplugged

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?