Wireless network problem

ljstevens 10:41 16 Oct 2008

Hi Folks

I have a 2wire HGV2700 which up to now has been stunning,and a Phillips USB wireless receiver at my desk top.
Recently for no apparent reason the signal strength has dropped from about 95% to about 75%, its became very slow and it keeps cutting out every now and again at my desktop.

I have tried resetting the 2wire and the Phillips receiver but with no joy.

Any suggestions?

ljstevens 10:49 16 Oct 2008

Sorry I forgot to add that ive set the 2wire up to use with tiscalli and Im also having the same problem with slowness and drop outs with my Nintendo Wii which is located about 5feet away from the 2Wire.

mytrader 17:19 16 Oct 2008

click here Our company is a major Chinese supplier of jersey sport (such as NFL,USA,NBA )athletic shoes (such as Jordan, Nike), clothing/apparel, and sports equipment .The productions we provide are so popular by the customers around the world ,specially, in the North America market . The most advantage of our company is that we supply better quality goods under the reasonable price ,In the past, we build up long and steady relationship with foreigners. We will go on keeping the existing net-businessmen, at the same time , to find more clients to service them.
If you are interested in our manufactures, please log in website click here to know more about our company

Ashrich 22:44 16 Oct 2008

If you do a scan for wireless networks , do you hve any high strength ones near to you ? If so you can find out what channels they are on and if necessary change yours to get as far away from them as possible .

For XP try downloading Netstumbler click here
Open and run to see networks .

For Vista , open a command prompt with admin rights ( start/accessories/command prompt , right click , run as administrator ) type without quote marks ...." netsh " , press enter , then type in " wlan show networks mode=bssid " press enter and a list of available wireless networks will show with channel numbers and signal strength .

See which ones are strong and have a channel number close or the same as yours and adjust to suit .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie