Wireless Network, please help!!

rich549 22:57 07 Mar 2005

hey all,

ive just brought 2 d-link usb wifi 802.11b adapters in the hope of being able to connect my Windows 2000 prof laptop to my Win XP pc so that i can internet connection share from the pc.

would anyone be able to tell me how i go about creating this as i have tried and failed numorous times and i honestly do not have a clue what im doing with it lol.

thanks for any help ya can give.

Strawballs 00:36 08 Mar 2005

What connection do you have (Dial up or Broadband)

FelixTCat 11:19 08 Mar 2005

On the XP pc, go to Control Panel - Network Connections and open the Network Setup Wizard. This will talk you through the process.

rich549 11:51 08 Mar 2005

I have broadband, and i have gone through network setup wizard and it has bridged my bluetooth connection which i use for my pda.

is there an easier way to do this and what do i need to do on my Win 2k laptop??

thanks for ya help.

FelixTCat 12:16 08 Mar 2005

If you can't both bridge your bluetooth and share your broadband on the same connection, then you will probably have to invest in a wireless adsl router.

Look at this as a typical example: click here

With this one, you also get a much faster wireless USB connector: click here

rich549 12:20 08 Mar 2005

the router is out straight away as 65 quid is too much lol.

is there any way i can do it with just the usb adaptors?

thanks again for the help.

FelixTCat 12:46 08 Mar 2005

If you can't both bridge and share, you will probably have to choose which way to go.

rich549 14:19 15 Mar 2005

ive sorted it out now i just needed to change the 1 at the end of the ip to a 2.

cheers for everyones help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?