Wireless network not found

mez_34 11:00 09 Aug 2010

Hi,
I have a Belkin G plus MIMO F5D9630-4 router.
I recently changed from using WEP security to WPA, and changed the SSID (to get my ipod touch to work with it).
There are 3 laptops wireslessly connected, and a desktop wired in (and obviously the ipod)
I succesfully changed the setting on 2 of the laptops so they now work, the 3rd will now not even detect the network. It can find my neighbours networks but not mine.
Is this likely to be related to the change in security?
Could it be because there are now 5 devices needing to connect and only 4 ports on the router?
Thanks for any help

mgmcc 12:01 09 Aug 2010

The problem *shouldn't* be related to the change of security. If the Wireless Network Adapter doesn't support WPA, it won't be able to connect but it should still find the network.

You don't say which version of Windows you're using but, in the connection's Properties, there should be an option to Connect even if the Router isn't broadcasting its SSID. Make sure that option is enabled (even though the SSID is being broadcast).

The number of connections to the Router *isn't* restricted to four just because there are only four physical ethernet ports.

willjackson 10:02 10 Aug 2010

try changing the channel on the router try channels 1,6,9 and 11 then check if the laptop would detect and connect to the network.

kristain 08:42 11 Aug 2010

you can also try to update the drivers.

i agree with you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?