wireless network equipment confusing...

lelole 16:45 02 May 2004

Hi

Thanks for your help on my earlier post, I now realise that I need to install a wireless network for my pc and laptop.

I definitely need one of those wireless routers with modem ( any suggestions on the most reasonable one for a basic user?).

And I know that the laptop is wireless enabled, so that's OK I think. But I'm not sure what I need for my pc. I looked under networking in control panel, and under LAN it shows a Sis 900 - based PCI fast ethernet card. Will this connect to the wireless router and the laptop, or do I need another bit of equipment?

Am royally confused sorry for asking the basics!!

Thanks in advance

Leah

johnnyrocker 16:50 02 May 2004

click here and click here should sort you.

johnny

byfordr 17:00 02 May 2004

click here should be just the ticket... recommend the DG834G with free
WG511T or WG121 (would recommend the WG121) all in for £102 (an absolutely amazing price!)
click here The WG834G is a wireless G standard router (supports wireless b and g) If not they are very cheap for other brands.

HTH

R

lelole 17:04 02 May 2004

Having looked at the websites things are a little clearer, but I'm still not sure if the card I mentioned that is in my PC is what is needed to connect to the wireless router?

Sorry to be so dim...

lelole 17:05 02 May 2004

Thanks sorry had sent that post at same time as you I think. Will have a little look at those things you have linked for me...:)

lelole 17:19 02 May 2004

Thanks!!

Have got those things now, and hopefully they should work, if not, will probably be back online asking more questions!!

Thanks

Leah

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?