Wireless Network Connection Problems

chrisgc 19:37 02 Dec 2005

Hi all,

I have recently set up a wireless network (desktop pc & laptop) with a belkin wirelss G adsl router/modem, connected to the desktop pc.

When it works it is fine but seem to get problems every now and again connecting to the internet (I never had a problem connecting with my old speed touch bt modem).

I try to connect but it will come back saying things like could not connect etc.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this could be happening.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

igk 20:35 02 Dec 2005

It sounds like the dreaded "zero wireless configuration" service is trying to override your wireless adapter and belkin software,try disabling this on both machines (I assume they are running xp) just go to my computer,properties and manage then select the sevices tab then scroll down till you come to "zero wireless configuration" double click it then if its running stop it then select disable if its not running just select disable and ok etc, that should sort things out..
hope this helps..

keewaa 20:42 02 Dec 2005

Or the other way is to enable SSID broadcast on the router, as long as you have good WPA security set-up.

ana_girl 01:19 04 Dec 2005

power down your pc..powerdown router(unplug all cables at back)..power down modem(unplug all cables at back)..plug in cables at back of modem(then wait for modem to have at least 2 lights on it)..plug in cables at back of router(wait for router to have 2 lights on it)..turn on pc..try to connect =)

keewaa 09:18 04 Dec 2005

If it is AOL it might be an MTU problem click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?