wireless network

nodger 15:55 02 Jul 2007

Hi Chaps,
Just been setting up a wireless network with our resident office media center desktop and our new vista business laptop - I have managed to get the laptop to see and use the internet connection but i cant get the file and folder sharing going!! the workgroup names are the same and the network key is correct but im missing something somewhere!! anyone know of any good tutorials out there!

Graham. 16:02 02 Jul 2007

On the Desktop, open My Documents, select one, on the left select 'Share this folder'. This should get you started.

nodger 16:07 02 Jul 2007

already done that im afraid! I have made the whole of c/ accessable but to no avail - the desktop will not recognise a path to the laptop

Graham. 16:59 02 Jul 2007

Turn on File and Printer sharing.

nodger 17:02 02 Jul 2007

file and print sharing is on aswell - I get this message at the desktop end - "\\office-laptop is not accessable .you might not have permission to use this network resource.contact the adminstrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions

the network path was not found"

I can see the latop on workgroup computers but can not explore it!

nodger 20:22 02 Jul 2007

Anyone else got any thoughts on my tricky problem?

recap 20:28 02 Jul 2007

Right click the Share select Sharing and check the permissions are set to allow the office laptop and any folders/subfolder. Then check Security settings are set the same as above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017