WIRELESS NETWORK...

Mr K.Kong 21:24 21 Jan 2007

Ive just set up a wireless network using a Linksys WRT54GS Router and a belkin usb network adapter. Im on NTL broadband using windows xp on my pc.

The problem im having is I also have a nokia n80 which ive enabled for WLAN connections, but when I try and send a picture to my pc it just hangs saying "waiting for devices". Now maybe im a little stupid, or maybe I have the network setup wrong but cant I send photos from my phone to my pc over wireless, or is there something else that I shouldve installed on my pc.

Hope someone can help as I have little hair left.

Many thanks

Ade

Strawballs 23:37 21 Jan 2007

I don't know about the method that you are using but I use a USB Bluetooth dongle to comunicate between my PC's and mobile phone click here

mgmcc 08:38 22 Jan 2007

I would think that, if you are sending files over the LAN, the computer would have to be set up for File & Printer Sharing in the same way as if you were networking two PCs.

If you go into "My Network Places" does the PC find the Nokia as a Networked device with a shared folder?

As Strawballs suggests, sending files by Bluetooth is probably the simpler method.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires