Wireless Multi Networking

Highland Guy 23:05 25 Mar 2007

Hi folks, I'm probably going to sound really thick with this question but here goes anyway lol.

At the moment I have a wireless router/modem on my main pc in house. I also have a pc in the shed which connects via a usb device all connects fine and dandy.

My question is this is it possible to have some kind of receiving device in the shed that connects to the wireless router/modem in the house but with ethernet ports on it so I wouldn't have to have a seperate usb device for each pc connected in the shed?

By this I mean each pc in the shed could just be plugged into said device via ethernet connection thus giving each one access to the network.

I hope this makes some kind of sense lol lol

Many thanks in advance
HG

Strawballs 23:43 25 Mar 2007

You could plug a switch click here into the lan of the PC with the wireless connection (if it has one) and set up ICS on that machine and use it as a gateway but you will have to leave it on all the time any of the others want to access the net.

Highland Guy 12:52 26 Mar 2007

Thanks for the response strawballs but I am looking for much as you describe but more of a stand alone wireless switch if there is such a thing.
Regards
HG

Highland Guy 16:14 26 Mar 2007

Could it be a wireless network hub I'm looking for? Would this do as I require?
Help!!!!!! lol lol
HG

Highland Guy 00:45 27 Mar 2007

Got it!!!! it's a wireless ethernet converter I need it connects to router wirelessly and has ethernet ports to plug pc's into thus giving me the ability to have up to four pc's connected from it.

Regards
HG

Strawballs 01:21 27 Mar 2007

I'm glad you found what you were looking for but what is it's price compared to seperate wireless adapters?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017