wireless mouse/kboard receiver

bendigo 22:17 17 Jan 2007

I have an HP media centre pc with a wireless mouse/kboard kit. On the receiver, in addition to the blue mouse activity light, there are three centrally situated lights marked '1', 'A', and a down pointing arrow. Whenever I am booted and using the pc the '1' light is on, occasionally and totally randomly the 'A' light will come on and after some time it will go out. The light with the arrow never lights, but I think this has something to do with some functions in media centre that I never use. HP techy help suggests 'A' is possibly a charging indicator, or something to do with a programme!!! Great!! Any ideas?

imacd 22:44 17 Jan 2007

1 means Num lock is on and A means Caps lock is on

imacd 22:46 17 Jan 2007

The down arrow is scroll lock - try pressing the related keys on the keyboard and see what difference it makes!

and the other one's scroll lock

beat me to it!!

imacd 22:52 17 Jan 2007

I wish my cheap Medion wireless keyboard and mouse had indicator lights - it uses a pop-up above the clock on-screen that eventually drove me nuts so I disabled it. Now there's no way of telling if caps lock is on until you start typing! I will have to save up for some better kit.

bendigo 10:38 18 Jan 2007

Many thanks to all, ever since getting this new pc I have whinged to people about having a keyboard with no indicator lights for numlock and caps, even to the techys' where I bought it. Why such basic information is not with the kit I can't understand. Anyway thanks again to all. (imacd, you have my sympathy that's how I operated till 2 minutes ago!}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?