wireless mouse

arto 19:22 25 Sep 2014

I have been using a Logtech MZ15 mouse on both Widows XP and Windows 7 with no problems until now.It works ok on the 7 but not on the XP.The touch pad still works on the XP.Is the mouse on strike or what?

Batch 09:30 26 Sep 2014

Problem with USB port on XP machine?

Lower current on USB port on XP machine making use on XP more sensitive to battery in mouse getting low (have you tried new battery)?

arto 17:38 26 Sep 2014

running the XP on ac,the battery is dead, would not the mouse still work on ac power ?

Woolwell 17:47 26 Sep 2014

Are you sure that you have model number correct? Is it the M515?

It needs its own battery to work.

bumpkin 18:06 26 Sep 2014

A wireless mouse needs a battery of its own to communicate with the receiver, that would be the first and easiest thing to try.

bumpkin 18:57 26 Sep 2014

I have been using a Logtech MZ15 mouse on both Widows XP and Windows 7 with no problems until now

Then it is most likely to be the battery, simple enough to find out. If not that then we can move on providing that is eliminated first.

Woolwell 20:58 26 Sep 2014

3rd post - "the battery is dead". Change the battery.

bumpkin 21:21 26 Sep 2014

3rd post - "the battery is dead". Change the battery.

Clearly to difficult to understand.

Batch 09:45 27 Sep 2014

I think maybe the OP is a bit confused and is confusing others.

When the OP says "the battery is dead", I think (s)he is referring to the laptop battery, not the mouse battery.

Running laptop on AC should not make the slightest difference. Recommend checking the mouse battery.

Other thing to try is the Logitech Connect Utility which can sometimes sort things out. See here

spuds 11:49 27 Sep 2014

"I have been using a Logtech MZ15 mouse on both Widows XP and Windows 7 with no problems until now.It works ok on the 7 but not on the XP"

You are not running the wireless mouse through a KVM Switch on two computer's by any chance?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?