Wireless Mouse

SABRE 14:27 03 Jul 2004

Anyone recommend one and are they easy to install with my laptop?

kbo64 19:26 04 Jul 2004

Hi there,

At home here, I have installed 2 on different PCs.
Each uses a PS/2 conection. On the receiver & mouse there is a little set up button. During set up it may help to do things as far from the Laptop as the lenght of wire on the receiver will allow. What you want to do should be a 5 minute job. Once set up, how close to the Laptop the receiver is becomes less of an issue.
One mouse is a Packard bell, the other a Belkin.
PCs used are an Advent, Fujitsu Siemens and a Sony Vaio.
PS/2 is a standard PC/Laptop conection.

Best wishes
KBO

Cook2 20:09 04 Jul 2004

Make sure you have some spare batteries available. Mine was a present but to be honest, I wouldn't buy another when this one dies.

spuds 21:18 04 Jul 2004

As suggested, make sure that you have spare batteries, as there are a tendency to sudden erratic or non performance when battery power is low.I use rechargables on my Packard Bell, which makes life very easy.The Packard Bell is a nice piece of kit, and the DSG group seem to have these on offer from time to time..£20.00 down to £9.99 and this includes adapter.

Ebuyer click here have a selection with some low prices. I also have the Mercury 4D700 [ click here ] which was purchased as a special offer from BigPockets for about £3.50. Works great.

SABRE 11:19 05 Jul 2004

I think that I will give one a try but I do worry about the battery deterioration issue and also I have had a cordless mouse before and it was not as responsive/accurate as using a standard USB wired connection. Any nore thoughts?

SABRE 11:19 05 Jul 2004

I think that I will give one a try but I do worry about the battery deterioration issue and also I have had a cordless mouse before and it was not as responsive/accurate as using a standard USB wired connection. Any more thoughts?

terminus 12:12 05 Jul 2004

I think it's the best bit of kit I've bought.
about £35 from PCW.

nick_j007 12:20 05 Jul 2004

I use Logitech's MX700.

It has rechargeable batteries inside and is wireless, with loads of buttons on it and has made surfing the net very easy now.
To recharge the mouse (it runs for a whole week or more without being rechargd) you simply place it back in the cradle.
I run it on my Dell laptop by the way. It connects using a USB socket, though it can also use the PS2 port.

Highly recommended.

HTH,

Nick

SABRE 16:01 05 Jul 2004

I will get either the MS or the Logitech. Thanks for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?