wireless limited or no connection

Annamaria 21:23 18 Jan 2009

For some reason the wireless on a laptop has stopped working it says limited or no connection I know it isn't anything to do with the actual router as other things can use the Internet but this laptop, it says there's something wrong with the IP address, I tried using diagnostics on Internet explore this doesn't work, I read somewhere to do this start, run CMD, IPCONFIG/ALL
IPCONFIG/RELEASE
IPCONFIG/RENEW everything works but renewing it says unable to contact DHCP timing out, then I tried programs, search regedit click, etc but once I had got to current control set etc where you need to find tcpip I could not find it and could not do that, then I tried this other thing on run CMD and it had winsock something in the second bit about 10 mins later it connected however once restarted I had the same problem as at the beginning how do I fix it? Any ideas? Thank you for reading!

ambra4 23:45 18 Jan 2009

Take a read at this posting

click here

dawood 14:56 19 Jan 2009

You can also read some tips here to solve limited or no connection problem. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?