wireless laptop

mrsjock 10:24 03 Nov 2006

Hi
Complete novice here regarding this technology.
Wireless set up at home and working ok. Need advice on how to get access to the internet on the move.
I know there are wireless hotspots but not sure how to access them
Is there also another way like wireless internet providers if so what is needed.

Wireless card is built into laptop so no slots as far as i can see to insert another card

I hope someone can enlighten me

Many thanks
Jill

moorie 11:55 03 Nov 2006

tmobile do a 3g/gprs card i think its approx 29.99 per month,you can access hotspots for free if i remember correctly,it slots into your pcmia slot if youve got one although modern mobys seem to have express slots and you would need to check if they do that tpe of card.you should pick up 3g where there is coverage if not it falls back to gprs.I can get internet on my mobile phone 2gb per month allowance for £10 and connect my laptop to my mobys modem via a bluetooth dongle or dku cable this is another option also cheaper

FreeCell 14:29 03 Nov 2006

You don't need any additional harware to access hotspots. These are wirless connections provided in many hotels, coffe shops, airports, etc.

Suggest you have a look here click here for an idea of the sort of thing on offer and whether it would suite your needs on the move. If you want mobile access anywhere then a 3g card would be the best approach.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?