wireless kit

  bluerenaultman 15:44 20 Nov 2007

I need some wireless kit for my laptop and desktop, Is it okay to buy it in the states as i,m going there soon or will it conflict with my U.K. spec PC? THANKS!!

  sil_ver 18:50 20 Nov 2007

I'm not that au fait with 'wireless kit' as you call it. I assume you mean Modem/Router. If so then the only thing I can think of that may need to be scrutinized is the power supply. If it's 110-240v input then it'll work over here but if it's just 110v then it won't and will fry your adapter and possibly your wireless kit as well.

  chub_tor 18:59 20 Nov 2007

If you buy a router in the USA be careful as many of them do not include a modem - this is usually supplied by the ISP - you will need a step down transformer from 240V to 110V and you can buy these from Maplin or often from a travel shop, I have seen them at the airport in departure lounges.

  itisi 15:27 21 Nov 2007

Just a thought,you may already know,but make sure
it will support both pppoe & pppoa. Otherwise it may not be suitable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?