Wireless keyboard and Safe Mode

gardener 13:27 01 Oct 2006

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.I cannot seem to start Windows XP in safe mode by pressing the F8 key,the computer just boots normally.Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way around it? I have to resort to my old wired keyboard whenever I need to boot in safe mode and it's a bit of a pain.

radi8or 16:19 01 Oct 2006

Does your k/board have two sets of functions on the F keys if so there should be an "F lock"
key to toggle between the two.

HTH Bob

gardener 20:30 01 Oct 2006

Sorry about the delay in replying radi8or.Yes it has an F Mode key,I never thought to use that,will try it.Thanks for the help.

terryf 21:34 01 Oct 2006

I have a ps2 kbd and mouse permanently available under my desk, clumsy but useful when I have problems because of fiddling with (sorry meant tweaking or adjusting) my system and the wireless kbd and mouse don't respond. Also useful with Acronis during restore which doesn't load wireless drivers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:43 01 Oct 2006

your keyboard works via a HID reciever plugged into your USB port, enure USB legecy for DOS is enabled in BIOS then your wireless keyboard may work before windows boots.

gardener 21:47 01 Oct 2006

terryf,I tried Acronis and gave up on it because of the lack of wireless driver support.In fact it was messing about with Acronis that caused me to have to boot in safe mode to try and undo the mess I'd made!I also kept my PS2 gear,luckily.

gardener 21:48 01 Oct 2006

Fruit Bat /\0/\,thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?