Wireless internet connection keeps going off

sotnick 17:57 23 Jul 2007

My wireless connection keeps cutting off. The wireless icon in the tray says that it is connected to the router, but every so often whilst surfing the internet, I will get no service. This happens about every 5-10 minutes, then reconnects after about 5 minutes, then disconnects again and so on. All of the other wireless computers in the house work fine all of the time, and when I put the wire into the computer it works fine too. I have updated the driver for my laptop's wireless card, changed the channel number to one as far away as possible on the router, placed the router near to my computer, and tried a different wireless connection manager (the intel one). I have now run out of ideas as to what to do. I would be very greatful if anyone has any ideas! Thanks

uesquebeathus 18:59 23 Jul 2007

if you are using any usb connections power switches canceled, sometimes they will switch off as you are browsing a page as the detection is showing no activity.
goto control panel/system/hardware/device manager/universal serial bus controllers/ click each device, mainly hubs and look for Power Management/ make sure the box is unticked for
"Allow the computer to safe power by switching of the device"

sotnick 19:14 23 Jul 2007

thanks for the help.

I have tried this now, and it still seems to be going off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?