Wireless internet connection on Dial -Up?

Mr Jarndyce 08:46 08 Dec 2004

I would simply like to connect to the internet from my laptop ( which has built in wireless technology built-in) from any room in my home. But I have read about routers/access points but they all seem to mention Broadband. Is it possible to connect wirelessly to the net from my laptop even when you don't have broadband... if it is possible how would I go about it. Thank you very much for your time.

john-232317 09:38 08 Dec 2004

Dont know if its possible but....

If you could do it, possibly so could your neighbours, at your expence ;-))

TomJerry 09:43 08 Dec 2004

you need a wireless dial-up modem

this is the only one available in market now BT On-Air Wireless Modem fax / modem £59.99 click here

Graham ® 09:48 08 Dec 2004

Wireless 56K modem click here

Graham ® 09:50 08 Dec 2004

Beat me to it! I found this for a neighbour a year ago, he's very pleased with it.

TomJerry 09:55 08 Dec 2004

explain it

Mr Jarndyce 10:34 08 Dec 2004

Thank you all for your help. Jarndyce.

john-232317 11:58 09 Dec 2004

Dont know how but read about it somewhere, if Belkin etc have to protect against it then it is possible....

" To maximize your network’s security the Belkin F5D8230-4 Wireless Pre-N Router offers advanced Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) support that provides enhanced encryption to protect your wireless network. Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) and Network Address Translation (NAT) doubles your firewall and safeguards your network from Internet intruders. VPN tunnel pass-through provides secure Internet connections to your office."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?