Wireless Internet

Bun 10:10 26 Sep 2008

Using Xp and a Belkin wireless system on my laptop. This works fine at Birmingham Uni thru their wireless system. I need to use a username and passord to get onto a part of the uni site again no problem but when i try at home it keeps telling me the page is unobtainable. I have allowed all cookies including session cookies to no avail. Any ideas please I need to access the site at home to do the necessary course work. Ta!!

Halmer 10:50 26 Sep 2008

Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Browsing History then Delete?

Halmer 10:50 26 Sep 2008

other sites work ok?

Bun 11:55 26 Sep 2008

Yes I have cleared all the History etc and I have no trouble with getting onto the internet sites.

baldydave 15:49 26 Sep 2008

Hi,
I am a bit confused you say you can get wireless at uni but not at home is your home on the campus if not your laptop is proberly trying to connect to the uni wireless but out of range and should be connecting to whatever wireless setup you have at home including security settings if you have any.

Halmer 16:02 26 Sep 2008

baldydave's diagnosis sounds A1 unless you are connecting through a cabled ethernet connection at home?

Bun 16:04 26 Sep 2008

No I am not on campus and I live a good distance from uni. When I am at uni and use their wireless system I can get onto any internet site. On the uni site I can also log in with my username and password which switches me to a secure site where I can do my work and save it to that site. When I get home I can get onto any internet site including the one at uni but once I try putting in my username and password to access my work site it says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Other people apparently have no problems working from home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?