Wireless Internet!

dazz10 15:46 02 Jan 2007

Hi,

I've recently setup my wireless network. Everything has been working fine until now!!

I'm on windows 2000 with IE6. My modem is connected to the internet and my wireless connection is active but I keep getting 'Page cannot be displayed' on all websites I try to visit. I have reinstalled IE6, setup the connection to connect through my LAN but nothing has changed. The last thing I did before it stopped working was install tuneup utilities 2007 and ran the registry and disk clean up. I also clicked on optimise internet connection and selected wireless connection. I have undone all of the changes made by tuneup but it hasn't made any difference!!
Can anybody think what couold be wrong?

My desktop connects fine so it must be a problem with IE on my laptop!

Sorry fo the long post but I can't think what is wrong!!

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 15:56 02 Jan 2007

Try either a repair of IE

click here

or

click here
scannow sfc - how to use SFC.EXE (system file checker)

Gaz 25 16:00 02 Jan 2007

Do you get the wireless connection icon that displays an X or two radio computers?

click here

dazz10 16:08 02 Jan 2007

odorus Siculus - Thanks for the links. I will try the repair later when i'm home. I ran the ie6setup.exe from 'c:\program files\internet explorer' last night so would the repair be better?

Gaz 25 - Im using windows 2000 so to connect I use the utility that came with the notebook card but this does show as connected and also it shows as connected in 'View network connections'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?