wireless inertnet random failure

pppppppppppp 07:55 17 Jan 2006

I have been using a wireless belkin card and router to access the net for several weeks now recently I had to reinstall my xp on my computer after doing this I have found that the internmet randomly disconnects from my computer after anything between 5 mins and several hours. The only way I have found to restore the connection is to restart my computer. I am aware of certain problems with the wireless zero connection manager in windows but stoping & restarting this does not restore the connection. I have updated the wireless cards firmware but this has made not difference. If a program is running that already has a connection to the net is running it still seems to be able to operate but any new programs run after the problem starts cannot and if running programs are stoped and restarted they have the same problems. What is causing this and how can it be fixed?

Skyver 09:57 17 Jan 2006

Have you checked any connection time-out settings on your router?

pppppppppppp 18:12 17 Jan 2006

yeah i've check but there should be no timeout. before reinstalling xp i had no problems so i think it must be somthing on the computer setup

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?