Wireless Help Please

kimbo-pc 21:25 18 Dec 2006

Dear All,

I need to create a Wireless network at home so that a new games console can share my internet connection and I would also like to be able to stream music files around the house to a music network player.

I have a Broadband Router (Zoom x5) that is connected to my main desktop PC via USB. A second PC is connected to the main PC with an Ethernet LAN connection. The Internet is shared so both computers can access the Web.

What I would really like to know is whether to ditch the existing Broadband Router in favour of a new Wireless all-in-one job or can I just get some sort Wireless box that also connects to the main PC that just creates a new network?

If anyone knows what the best option is, It would be great to hear from you?

Cheers,

K1mbo

Technotiger 21:29 18 Dec 2006

Hi, don't wanna be a nuisance - but don't forget to Green-tick your other Thread.

Cheers.

kimbo-pc 21:32 18 Dec 2006

No Technotiger, you're not being much of a nuisance and yes I have ticked the green box in the other forum! THX

kimbo-pc 21:43 18 Dec 2006

Reading a review on this web-site of the Linksys WRT300N - they said "we just plugged the Linksys router into our ADSL router and off we went." Is it really that simple, if it is I'll go buy a Linksys WRT300N tomorrow!! But, I'm sure there's probably more to it?

K1mbo

kimbo-pc 22:25 19 Dec 2006

Can no one offer me any advice?

Strawballs 00:02 20 Dec 2006

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?