Wireless Help Please

Zuru 00:17 11 Feb 2006

Sorry guys, another n00b to wireless here asking probably the most obvious questions.

I am trying to setup a Wireless Filesharing Network with the following equipment.

1) Wireless DSL Modem Router - BT Voyager 2100
2) Laptop with wireless card
3) Desktop with PCI wireless adapter

I currently have internet access through both of these machines by connecting to my Wireless DSL Modem Router for example sake I will call the SSID of this as voyager.

I am very confused as to how I can get both of my computers to see each other across this router. I have run Wireless Network setup on both trying the same workgroup name as the router, I have also tried with both being the same name, but different from the router.

I have also run the standard Network setup routine through control panel and still cannot see the other computers shared drives.

I have checked that all drives on both comps are shared. I was able to ping each computer but now that seems to have stopped. I have turned off all firewalls, still nothing.

Arrrgggghhhhhh.....

Is there a simple step by step guide that I can follow to find out where I am going wrong. This needs to be quite simple and straight forward as I do not, obviously, have a deep knowledge of Wireless Routers or Wireless Networks.

In addition, I can confirm netbios is working correctly as I have just checked.

Any help would be a real bonus.

Thank you

regards

Adam

Zuru 00:51 11 Feb 2006

Problem solved after trawling through these forums I found the problem, IPX/SPX was not enabled, anyway, all sorted now.

Thanks

Adam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?