Wireless Desktop?

  sarah1980 06:17 16 Apr 2007

I have a wireless router and card which I use at home with my laptop. I'm getting a new desktop next week and there is no telephone point upstairs (where I want to put my PC). Is there a way of making my desktop wireless-enabled? If easier, i could always get an additional phone socket put in, but if i did this what kind of cable doulw I need to buy to go from the router to the PC?

Thanks in advance.

  AndySD 10:54 16 Apr 2007

I have been uaing the USB Edimax EW-7318USG Wireless Adaptor click here for a while now at home and at wotk and its good. But what is the make/model of your router as they may make a compatable usb adapter.

  sarah1980 11:34 16 Apr 2007

It is a Netgear Wireless Modem & Router in One...

  rodriguez 13:50 16 Apr 2007

The easiest option is to get a USB wireless adapter and plug it in the back of the computer. These are the same size and shape as a USB memory stick and are the easiest to install. Most wireless routers will work with most wireless adapters, because a lot of the new ones now are both b and g type.

  AndySD 01:20 17 Apr 2007


Can you tell us the model as if its a pre N then its best to use their adapter, if its not then use the one above. Its USB and with a cable.

  sarah1980 12:39 17 Apr 2007

It is a Netgear DG834GT 108mb ADSL Modem/Router.

  AndySD 15:15 17 Apr 2007

Netgear WG111T Network Adapter click here £26.99 or click here £27.64 or the best price I can find is Amazon at £19.90 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017