Wireless Connectivity

driving man 18:18 19 May 2007

Have a small home network consisting of 1 Desktop and 2 Laptops. All was OK with wireless (Netgear)connectivity until I looked away for a second.I then found the Packard Bell Easy Note R4 had lost its internet connection.
It has not been moved from its usual place .
Have swithed off the netgear and the PC and then started them again but to no avail.
Net Stumbler cant find a signal either. The other 2 machines work so I am flumoxed.
Any thoughts please
Chris

Strawballs 18:46 19 May 2007

If the laptop is using built in wireless can you borrow a wireless dongle to see if it's own has failed or have you accidently pressed the button to turn it off.

driving man 18:55 19 May 2007

Strawballs --- didnt realise that there was an on/off button-----Any idea what it might look like as in the 4 years i have had the Packard Bell have never needed it.
Chris

postie24 22:50 19 May 2007

Click start/run,type in services.msc
Scroll down to wireless zero and see if its running,If not,restart the service and set it to auto.

driving man 08:59 20 May 2007

Postie24
Have scrolled down and found
Wireless Zero
Status Started
Start up Type Automatic
Log on as local System.

Am on the extended "page" and have tried pressing Restart but cannot find the auto setting
Chris

mocha 10:38 20 May 2007

In services.msc highlight by left clicking the service ie. wireless zero then right click to bring up menu then left click properties. Packard Bells wireless switch is usually Fn (blue button) + F1 (Function 1) button together, this acts as On/Off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?