Wireless connection stops connection via Ethernet

freddy5belly 20:28 04 Oct 2010

Hi, first time on a forum, so please go easy with any responses. I have a D-link router attached to my PC via ethernet and Virgin 20mb broadband works great. If computer is off and I connect to XBox via wireless, it works but if I turn on PC I lose the wireless connection. I was told via Virgin Helpdesk it sounds like an issue with Static IP-Address but I have checked and all devices are set to automatic. Not sure what else to try. (I realise that my Wireless is not protected as I don't know how to set the security on the d-link setup) wasn't sure if this could be having some affect. Any help much appreciated

mgmcc 11:23 05 Oct 2010

If you go into the D-Link router's configuration pages (by typing its IP address into your web browser), the Status page should show the devices that are connected and their IP addresses. With both PC and Xbox connected, check that they have different IP addresses.

freddy5belly 21:18 05 Oct 2010

I must appolagise, listening to a 13 year old is not always a good thing.
I now realise that the connection to the xbox is infact ok. It is connecting to xbox live that is the issue. It either will not connect or it disconnects after a few mins.
I don't suppose you have any ideas on that?

mgmcc 12:40 06 Oct 2010

Sorry, my Xbox experience is nil!

jtay78 16:01 06 Oct 2010

hi Freddy5belly,

whats the model make of the D-Link Router ?

try and use a Network cable for the xbox and see if it connects witch im sure this will!!!!

to me it sounds like you have an issue with the wireless card on the xbox " tho i might be Wrong "

Give this a try and let me know how you get on ok!!

Kind Regards

Jtay

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?