1) Log into your netgear router with your user name and password.
2) Once in scroll down to the option LAN IP SET-UP
3) At the bottom there's a section called Address Reservation select that.
4) Click on ADD and it will bring up all the connected hardware via it's IP and MAC address go into NETWORK SETTINGS on your PS3's XBM and select Connection Status.
5) Locate the IP address and it should be in the list shown in your routers attached hardware select that box in your routers set-up page and then provide a name "PS3" for example.
6) Once done click add and it will of take you back to the previous page and will now have the PS3 in the list and a reservation of that address this means that MAC address will always get that IP address no matter if any other PC connects before it via wireless.