Wireless connection problems

Dirk Diggler 19:52 03 Mar 2008

I managed to set up a wireless network to my home PC about a year ago (cant remember how but I managed it) lol And have had no problems up until recently

I went on a weekend away and connected to the free wi-fi network on the train - again no problems

However, on returning home my wireless lappy will see my home network - but when I try to connect to it I get the message "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you onto (My network)!!

Can anyone give me a "simple" guide to allow my lappy to connect again? Please as its driving me mad

Thanks

sunny staines 19:55 03 Mar 2008

goto the control panel run network wizard in xp.
[have printer turned on so that is loaded too]

Dirk Diggler 19:58 03 Mar 2008

do you mean on the PC or lappy? Sorry I did say I need it simple

No need for a printer tho

Will this set up a new network tho as my lappy can "see" my home network already

thanks

woodchip 20:15 03 Mar 2008

sounds to me like it's still trying to log on the the train network. in netwoking scan for your network then choose to connect to it

Dirk Diggler 20:21 03 Mar 2008

I have done a scan for networks and the train one is not list but my one is

When I select connect that is when I get the message "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network JamieNet2007"

Dirk Diggler 20:30 03 Mar 2008

Dont ask me how - but I have managed to get the lappy connected using the RaLink wireless utility instead of the windows one

Thanks all

woodchip 20:31 03 Mar 2008

Only thing I can think is Delete your connection then create a new one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?