wireless connection preoblem

Jaro 01:15 20 May 2007

Hi, i would like to ask for my friend. He has got laptop wirelesly connected to the internet through linksys access point. all is ok when laptop is connected to the main but if it runs on the battery power it loses the connection instantly. again you plug it to the main and connection is established instantly. its really weird and i never herd of such a problem have you? please let me know how to solve this . thank you

tullie 02:16 20 May 2007

Off the top of my head,it sounds like the batterys had it?How olds the battery,and has he got it connected ok?

mocha 09:02 20 May 2007

Could be a power saving setting, even if your not connected to a wireless device the computer will still use power to search for wireless networks this would reduce your battery life considerably.

Have you tried turning the wi fi back on when this happens, sometimes there is a button, on mine I have to press FN + F1 to start/stop the wireless transmitter.

Check in BIOS or Control Panel/Power Options to see if there is a way to configure this setting.

Forum Editor 09:06 20 May 2007

to tullie's in your Helproom version of this thread.

click here

Jaro 15:08 21 May 2007

hi, i havent been here for a while but thank you for your help.

to tullie - the laptop is one year old

will try to do as you sugested and will let you know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?