Wireless connection keeps failing

poddy1967 19:15 13 Jan 2010

Hi-have a PC wired to our Orange Livebox via cable and also a PS3 connected the same way. Also have 2 lap-tops which we connect wirelessly to the net.

At least once a day the laptops will fail to connect/loose their connection even though signal is 100%. Also PS3 loses connection, although it's connected via ethernet cable. Main PC never loses connection.

With the PS3 we have to switch the livebox on and off again for it to work, with the laptops 50% of the time we can fix it using diagnose and repair and it says 'Turn on wireless capability' even though the switch is turned on. Usually after a few tries the lap-tops reconnect.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:25 13 Jan 2010

1, laptops
Try using a different channel in the livebox, if yor neighbours are usig the same wireless channel it can cause interference and give a drop out.
2, PS3
Swap red and yellow cables and see if it changes fault from PS3 to PC it may be a bad connection or cable.

User-1229748 19:29 13 Jan 2010

have you gone to power managment for your network adapters to see if allow the computer to turn this device off is ticked?

User-1229748 19:31 13 Jan 2010

there are also wireless settings if you go to the advanced settings in power options in control panel

Orange Response 16:22 15 Jan 2010

Hi poddy1967

Sorry to read of your problems. I work for Orange and may be able to help.

If you can email your landline number/broadband account number and best contact number to [email protected], I'll give you a ring to discuss.

So I can pick up your mail quickly, please add 'Jonathan Orange Response' in the first line.

Hope this helps

Jonathan
Orange Response Team

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017