wireless connection keeps cutting off

man of steel11 23:31 02 Sep 2006

hi...i am with orange on livebox..since thursday night my pc and laptop have been losing the internet connection every few min's..i have been in touch with orange with no joy..is there any 1 on this forum that has had the same problems..or any 1 who can help solve it?...thx in advance ..m.o.s. ps I have ran spybot,norton.

Diodorus Siculus 02:07 03 Sep 2006

Other than an ugrade of drivers I can't be sure what to suggest...

STREETWORK 07:30 03 Sep 2006

Ask Bt to do a line check first, and increase the gain on the line. This can sometimes throw up a solution.

Next would be to check your phone sockets filters and connections. If you are unsure about this get someone who is to do it.

How many telephones do you have in the house, try unplugging one at a time as a minot fault on these can cause problems.

Also check your modem settings, use Orange help pages here.

Chris-201875 18:25 06 Sep 2006

I had the same problem, the cure for mine was.Go into network settings, click properties, then configure,then advanced, then connection type,change value to 10 base T half duplex.then O.K, do this on both computers and that's it. hope it works for you, it did mine.

ade.h 18:43 06 Sep 2006

Re: the above comment. Remember that advanced driver properties for network adapters will vary with each brand and model of adapter.

man of steel11 16:50 08 Sep 2006

thx folks ..for some strange reason....it all came back on ..and ..acting normal..thx again for the help..m.o.s.

man of steel11 16:54 08 Sep 2006

thx again..sorry for the duplicate posting ..forgot to click resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?