Wireless connection.

westgolf 20:16 24 Apr 2009

Hi Guys , someone - please help ! I have previously asked for help with my new wireless set up & things were fine.
I have a new Belkin modem/wireless modem/router .. works fine with 2 x laptops that run XP & now - 1 x laptop that runs vista. ... no probs.But the original desk top that runs vista , will not work "wireless" & will only function / connect to the internet with the ethernet connection ... it sees the wireless connection but cannot use the wireless connection to function ... any suggestions please ?? as ever - many thanks .

MAJ 20:39 24 Apr 2009

What sort of wireless card or wireless adapter are you using with the desktop, westgolf?

westgolf 07:29 25 Apr 2009

Hi there, desktop is a Phillips Freevents @ 1 year old , I'll get info & reply, Thanx.

westgolf 09:48 25 Apr 2009

Managed to get the following info : 802.11g PCI Turbo wireless adapter. Ralink , driver date ; 25.8.06. Any good ? Thanx.

birdface 10:07 25 Apr 2009

Something to look at until you get help.

click here

westgolf 10:35 25 Apr 2009

Thanx , will study this. Cheers.

westgolf 13:12 27 Apr 2009

Hi there & big thanx to everyone who has assisted ! finally sorted the probs with manual input of SSID stuff , which was not picked up via the installation wizard , what a game ! Once again - thanx to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone