Wireless connection

bear73 09:31 20 Apr 2007

I have just bought a wireless hub (the speedtouch 585v6) for my home pc, and connected it to my main pc and phone line without any problem. I have two questions in respect of this:

1) when I connect my second (new) home pc to the wireless hub, using a wireless adapter, do I have to install the tiscali broadband software on this second pc, or do i just connect to the hub my activating internet explorer?

2) how do i know the link from the hub to each of the pc's is secure - I do a lot of internet banking online and want to make sure that by connecting across a wireless link, there is no opportunity for anyone to intercept what I am doing. The reason I am concerned is partly that I am no longer asked for a password when I connect my pc to the internet as I go in through internet explorer, not the tiscali PPPoE shortcut (which required a password). The wireless hub, adapter and broadband are all from Tiscali.

Thanks
bear

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:13 20 Apr 2007

do i just connect to the hub my activating internet explorer?

Yes

how do i know the link from the hub to each of the pc's is secure

Start, settings -network connections - click your wireles network connection - it should show your network (and any others in range) it should say security enabled (WPA is best).

If seurity is not enabled then click here

mocha 18:02 22 Apr 2007

WPA-PSK is the more secure wireless encryption and the longer the password the better, here's a keyword generator. Follow the instructions on the site.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017