Wireless connection.

cearve 20:57 05 Aug 2006

I am running a computer with Windows XP Pro and a Netgear wireless system. To connect to the internet I use a Netgear WG111 usb wireless adapter. On my old system this adapter use to connect automatically at startup. On this new system it needs to be unplugged from the usb and plugged in again each time to get a connection. Is there a setting I need to do to enable it to connect automatically at startup each time?

ade.h 21:03 05 Aug 2006

First of all, can you answer my questions from your previous thread?

cearve 21:12 05 Aug 2006

The only driver I have loaded has been the Netgear driver for the WG111 adapter. The adapter wasn't recognised by Windows until I loaded this driver.

ade.h 21:17 05 Aug 2006

Yes, it needs a driver, but are you using the Netgear software or is Wireless Zero Config managing the adapter?

cearve 21:25 05 Aug 2006

I'm using the Netgear driver that came in the box with the adapter.

ade.h 21:30 05 Aug 2006

That doesn't answer my question. I need some basic information about how you have configured the adapter before I can advise further.

cearve 22:12 05 Aug 2006

I found a support page in the adapter screen with a repair option for the connection. I clicked on this and a dianostic check started. It renewed the ISP provider address and DNS settings. I have since rebooted several times and now always get a connection at startup. All sems to be ok now. Thanks for you assitance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone