Wireless Connected / No internet

Surodhet 13:13 19 May 2008

Hi, I'm doing some research for a friend wo has some problems with her internet. She is in Spain for some weeks and lives in a flat share. They have got WLAN in the house, but as I understand it, the thing is administrated by someone else.
Now she connects to the internet by a WLAN-Card in her Laptop, and the connection is not always perfect, but it always shows as connected to the Router.
Problem is: Sometimes she can connect to the web, too, but at other times she's not able to. She's got the feeling that it is better in the mornings and gets worse during the day (interruptions after 5 mins of connection or not at all).
Her flatmates have problems like that, too, but they are far not as extensive as hers.
I know there often are similar problems, but here I got the additional problem that she won't be able to access the router for she's just a guest there.
I'll provide you with details on her hardware and software setup as soon as possible (including ipconfig /all and print route) but I'm not sure when I can since she won't be online very often (for obvious reasons).

Until then I would be gratefull if you could tell me if you need any more Info, and if you have a general Idea what is going on.

setecio 19:48 26 May 2008

Yes, she is a bit limited as to what she can do at her end.... really only improve her signal reception with something like
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?