Wireless compatablility.

AlexPB 22:46 09 Jun 2008

Hi,

Could somebody please tell me if it is possible to fit a wireless card reader in my laptop as it does not already have wireless features. The reason for me wanting to install a wireless card reader is that i dont really want a USB stick hanging out of my laptop anymore.

Thank you
Alex.

rossgolf 23:03 09 Jun 2008

wireless card reader?? personally never heard of them
have you googled it??

AlexPB 23:08 09 Jun 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Wen I say wireless card reader, i mean the drive that you insert one of these click here

Thanks

Switcher 23:11 09 Jun 2008

You may be able to fit a PCMCIA card, an internal card, or compact flash sized wireless adaptor depending on your laptop spec

Switcher 23:14 09 Jun 2008

OK thats a PCmcia card. you can fit one for about £12.00 assuming that you have a PCMCIA slot, of course. I use a TP link one now instead of previous Belkin USB type and it it very good.

woodchip 23:22 09 Jun 2008

Yes that will connect you to the Internet Wireless but it still sticks out, but not as much as a USB WiFi

AlexPB 10:01 10 Jun 2008

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. The laptop does not have a slot for the card but i was wondering if it would be possible to fit one of these slots.

Thanks

woodchip 14:08 10 Jun 2008

no

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?