Wireless cd cannot be read on Linux

futurekid 02:13 23 Jul 2006

Hi,
i will be going from microsoft windows to linux. However in the past when i have tried to install my internet conection. ( wanadoo wireless and talk) ( i use the wireless adapter) I have put the installation cd into the drive but i am told by linux. "cannot be read" so with no reading of the disk i can not install the correct software to access the internet.
So does anyone think that they can help me in getting my wireless software to work on linux.
For my internet conection to make contact with the wanadoo livebox (router) i need something called inventel wireless magic, without this installed i can not go on the internet.
Many thanks
Ben Greenslade.

irishrapter 02:29 23 Jul 2006

Very unlikely that there will be any support from Wanadoo for Linux OS.
You will have to manually setup Linux to access the internet.
Should be a matter of finding out what the wireless hardware is you are using and setting it up with Linux.

The CD should be readable but there would be no usefull apps on the disc that will work in linux.

mgmcc 11:09 23 Jul 2006

You may have to use generic wireless adapter drivers with Linux. I have a Belkin USB 2.0 Wireless Network Adapter which SuSE Linux works with. If connecting a third-party Wireless Adapter to a Livebox, there is a procedure you need to follow, details of which are on their website.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?