Wireless card switched off!!

fredyflame 22:23 22 Jan 2005

Why when I started my laptop today has my wireless card switched itself off and will not let me network
"intel pro wireless"
even when i try to use their software the switch radio on, button is greyed out

paranomia 22:30 22 Jan 2005

Did you install the card yourself? Is it a mini pci card or cardbus? If you go into Control Panel / Network connections, does the card appear there?

fredyflame 22:34 22 Jan 2005

Internal card with the laptop
yes it shows but just says not connected when I go into properties it is enabled

fredyflame 22:36 22 Jan 2005

Have reinstalled latest drivers and software it is on the software page that it is switched off
when I tell it to let software run it it is still greyed

paranomia 22:41 22 Jan 2005

Have you checked that whatever it is you are trying to connect to is working... I often have problems connecting to my wireless router, disabling the card then re-enabling it a couple of mins later usually cures it. I believe it is something to do with the fact I usually hibernate the laptop instead of shutting it down.

fredyflame 22:47 22 Jan 2005

I have just read that there may be a switch on my laptop and yes there is I must have pressed it by mistake ( well the kids must have cause i wouln't be that daft) Thanks all for help and advice - great site

paranomia 22:51 22 Jan 2005

Glad you got it sorted! :) This is a great site if you have any IT related probs.
Could you tick the Resolved box to let everyone know you found the problem - it gives others with the same prob a clue where to start looking! All the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?