Wireless assistance

Xxooo 12:04 03 Jan 2008

I currently have an XP desktop and a Vista laptop. As of right now, they are connected to each other, and I would like to get both of them on the internet.
I have cable connection for my desktop, connected to a Motorola SB5100 Surfboard modem. I have a Buffalo AirStation Wireless-G router(that seems to be my problem).
I cannot get the router to access the internet. Via wall-modem-router-desktop/laptop, I could not get to connect to the internet. As of right now, my desktop is connected directly to the modem (via usb), and it runs fine. The router is there connected to the modem, and has a seen network (the laptop can see and connect to the router), but does not connect to the internet. I have tried and tried to figure this out to no avail.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

brundle 13:26 03 Jan 2008

Disconnect the USB connection - you're already connected with your `main` PC so the router can't get a valid IP address to provide internet access (click here). Switch everything off for 5-10 minutes. Hook both machines up to the router with ethernet cables, connect the router WAN port to the modem ethernet port, switch on the modem. Wait until all lights show normal activity, switch on the router. Wait a minute or so (refer to the router manual for `normal` activity indicated by the lights) and switch on one or both PCs. You may need to use the `Create New Connection` wizard on the USB enabled machine to force it to use Ethernet for its internet connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?